Sunday, February 26, 2012

Red Carpet Highlights

Loving, LOVING Jessica Chastain in McQueen (I recognized it right away - so proud of myself!).

NOT loving The Dictator.  I can't believe that someone with the talent and humor of Sacha Baron Cohen (or at least I thought he had some talent and good humor) would stoop so low and pander for cheap laughs.  I enjoyed Cohen in Hugo, and I even enjoyed Borat (back when his Ali G antics were still funny).  I am not a prude by any standards - I could enjoy slightly offensive humor.  If it portrays HUMOR.  However, I do not enjoy watching him make a fool of himself and the Academy by behaving this way.  Dumping Kim Jong Il's "ashes" on Ryan Seacrest, wearing that ridiculous outfit, that beard, that accent - way to plug your movie.  Very classy.  Funny - Leonardo DiCaprio isn't invited and didn't even get nominated, but we're supposed to be impressed with The Dictator.  There is a time and place.  The Academy Awards is not that time and place.  Since the Academy Awards had retracted their statement forbidding him to attend as The Dictator, I can only assume that the Academy does in fact negotiate with "terrorists."  So sad.  Class it up, Academy.  Tonight's the big-time.  Here's hoping our Dictator does not run into Angelina Jolie on the red carpet.  She may not think it's funny.  Ryan Seacrest, Tina Fey and JLo weren't laughing either.

Viola Davis looks beautiful, Octavia Spencer is adorable (as always - love Minny!), and the Bridesmaids did not disappoint.  The ladies are killing it this year.  Boys, it's time to step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

"You carry Heaven and Hell with you." The 21st century is a beautiful and tragic time to be alive. May my creations (from both the written and artistic realm) inspire you to leave YOUR mark.

Followers